Saturday, February 26, 2005

Allen Holub stole my job!

Yeah, yeah, and dingoes ate my baby...

I'm sure you've heard it all before but apparently today I was usurped on my first opportunity to do contract software engineering by one Allen Holub. My fatal mistake was, apparently, to say "Can I let you know tomorrow?". In between then and tomorrow the software rockstar Allen Holub was drafted and apparently took the job. I guess that I, a veritable software jack-of-all-trades shouldn't feel bad that Holub was selected preferentially over me, after all I had all along said I wanted the client to get the right person for the job.

Never mind, I've heard there are still jobs available fixing wind generators over at Altamont pass...

1 comment:

0101010 said...

Turns out that Holub bailed and I was later offered the contract again. However by then I was waiting to hear about a juicy permanent position and had to turn it down.