Saturday, September 30, 2006

Justice for Privacy Pretexters

I don't know about you but every time I hear the word "pretext" bandied about I keep thinking of something that teens do before they start txt-ing on their phones and not doing something on a pretext. Oh well, its probably just me.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when HP Chairman Patrician Dunn said how she knew nothing about the pretexting investigations and everyone told her everything was kosher. Then she went on with a bunch of her cronies to take the fifth to avoid incriminating herself, I mean take the fifth, WTF? Don't tell me... you were doing it on the advice of your lawyer. Maybe Ms Dunn if you've really nothing to fear you should start taking some advice from your conscience?

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people working for HP who have nothing to do with this and are deeply disgusted by the hijinx of their board. After all lets not lose site that someone was actually leaking information here - just following examples from the White House no doubt. Anyway, I'm not going to be buying an HP computer any time soon, maybe next time there is a snitch on the board someone might actually take a principled stand and call their board on a principle of ethics... if they have ethical leg to stand on.

And by the way - hasn't anyone at HP heard of anonymous Internet protocols - they are ideal for leaking confidential documents, no strings or pretexts attached!

No comments: