Sunday, June 15, 2003

I pledge allegiance, to unbrand

Because my country has sold its soul to corporate power,
Because consumerism has become our national religion,
Because we've forgotten the true meaning of freedom,
And because patriotism now means agreeing with the president,
I pledge to do my duty . . . and take my country back.

I'm not sure when I came to the conclusion America was my country. But I think its because America is so much in control still even with only 5% of the worlds population. Its important to me that those 5% are not leading the entire world astray, and that the residents within that country, contributing to is sustinance with tax dollars, do their best to regain control from the corporations and their oligarichal puppets.

So here, visit the web site and put your tax deductable dollars where your mouth is, instead of into the mouths that will bite you if you protest.

No comments: