Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Bush in thirty seconds

In case you haven't noticed Moveon.org is running a competition to select a 30-second ad about Bush to air on TV. Assuming that is, that any TV channel is unpatriotic enough to run it (I think we can count Fox TV off that list).

The Bush In 30 Seconds web-site has the finalists and I think it would be worth your while to spend the seven and a half minutes required to watch all fifteen. My favourites are Child's Pay, , Hood Robbin', Wake up America, Bring 'Em On and Imagine.

Unfortunately quite a few of the entries could use just a few seconds more to get the point across more effectively. For example "Hood Robbin'" should end with "George Bush - robbing the poor to feed the rich", and perhaps be followed in the same commercial break by Leave no billionaire behind. I would like to see all the ads aired, but I know there would never be enough cash to make that happen. If I had to pick three I think it should be "Bring 'Em On", "Child's Pay" and "Wake Up America" should be aired.

No comments: