Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The fundamental interconnectedness of all things

I would normally put this entry over on tech-time for the soul but since it neatly represents the fundamental interconnectedness of all things I figured it belongs here. So go to TouchGraph Google browser enter in your URL and see the pretty pictures of how websites are interconnected.

If nothing else it's fun to play with, however I think it would have been more interesting if it browsed the "link to" pages information available at Google instead of "similar to" pages info. For one I have no idea of how the similar to information is collated by Google, but link to information is obvious. Secondly none of my websites show up when I type in the URL because they are apparently similar to no other web page indexed by Google. If you like try www.chickenorbeef.net and you'll find a healthy microcosm of interconnected sites to play with.

No comments: