Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Volvos on the way to a new life

At the end of Roger Waters' song "The Remains of our love" a voice says "I know children let's see how many Volvos we pass on the way to our new life in the country". That line floated into my consciousness as I watched the video "LA to Oregon at Mach 9" by Kallahar. This home movie was taken by a video camera mounted on the front of his car as he drove form LA to Oregon - a ten hour journey compressed to 6 minutes.

I found it quite mesmerizing to watch. Okay so the well chosen music helped but it does contain many fascinating minutiae in amongst the miles and miles of I5 freeway. However I'm sure for every detail that caught my eye, thousands flew by - including many Volvos.

Link via Slashdot, download movie (warning its 65MB!) from here.

No comments: