Friday, April 16, 2004

A no CARB diet in the future for Powell?

Thanks to my friends over at Chicken Or Beef I now know the true meaning of a No CARB diet. That's right kids, its means no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush. Somehow I have a feeling that when Woodward's new book "Plan of Attack" hits the streets Powell may be heading for a career involving a no CARB diet, if so then luck old him.

Why?

Well apparently according to Woodward Powell and Cheney are "barely on speaking terms" and "Powell believed Cheney took ambiguous intelligence and treated it as fact." Furthermore "Powell felt Cheney and his allies -- his chief aide, I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul D. Wolfowitz and Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Douglas J. Feith and what Powell called Feith's 'Gestapo' office -- had established what amounted to a separate government,"

Sounds too good to be true? But wait, there's more...

Woodward also interviewed Bush Junior by name, junior by nature. According to Woodward Bush said "he prayed for divine guidance in launching the war.... I am prepared to risk my presidency to do what I think is right".

Okay, so what you are saying is that you prayed to God and because he didn't intervene it must be God's hand guiding you on the path of the righteous man? Okay, I think that romoving "Under God" from the "Pledge of Allegiance" is clearly the least of our worries.

But wait there's more...

Woodward says:
"Bush hoped to leave a record that "will enable other leaders, if they feel like they have to go to war, to spare innocent citizens and their lives."
I see so he's teaching us by counter example right? Well at least no I hope we've all learned that probably the best way to spare innocent citizens and their lives might actually be not to go to war in the first place. And Bush told Woodward:
"But the news of this, in my judgment, the big news out of this isn't how George W. makes decisions ... To me the big news is America has changed how you fight and win war, and therefore makes it easier to keep the peace in the long run. And that's the historical significance of this book, as far as I'm concerned."

I see so you think "America has changed how you fight and win war..." That's very interesting George. Now tell me about your father...

Well, I think these quotes tell us just about all we need to know about how out of touch the CARBs in the Whitehouse are. Colin Powell, I've been on a no-carb diet and I can thoroughily recommend it and afterwards, there's probably plenty of room for you over in the DNC if you'd care to sign up...

Remember kids, just say no to CARBs.

Quotes courtesy of Reuters

No comments: