Monday, August 04, 2003

Evasion Haiku

Thanks to Mezzanine Stairs for pointing out an entertaining NPR spot on The Existential Poetry of Donald Rumsfeld, a new book by Hart Seely.

I found it while looking at some of the 300+ sites that quote George Bush Senior on the dangers of occupying Iraq. The quote in full can be found a Chicken Or Beef where my unlikely trail towards Evasion Haiku started.

For the record here is the haiku...

    Evasion Haiku
    Donald Rumsfeld 12/3/2002
 
    I’m working my way
    over to figuring out
    how I won’t answer.
Its right up there with:
    In Command
    March 2003

    A government is 
    governing, or its not and if
    not someone else is
Or how about the non-Haiku...
  The End of the World
  4/18/2002

  Puffs of dust
  End up crawling
  Up your leg
  And hitting your knee
  Because it's,
  There might be
  As much as an inch
  Or two or three.
And finally, Rummy on Bush at Camp David...
  Camp David
  1/9/2002

  We had our dinner,  went to bed, 
  and I think he came in and someone said
  "Do you want to go to a movie?"
  I didn't want to go to a movie. 
  I'm not sure that was that night, 
  but it was one of those nights. 
  In any event, that's the last thing I need is a movie. 
  My whole life's a movie!

Yes folks these are the real deal. Poetic justice? I hope not!

No comments: