Saturday, August 16, 2003

The low down on the show down

I'm still waiting for someone to pen a gubernatorial send up of Campbell and the Nails song "88 lines about 44 women", that is "270 lines about 135 candidates". I'd write one myself except it took me seventeen names reading down the official A-Z list before I reached a name I'd even heard of - Bustamante (snuggled up next to Camejo). The only interesting thing I could come up with so far is there is no representation from candidates with a last name starting with 'O', 'X' or 'Y'.

Also given the perception that California is full of actors and software engineers, most of which are now supposedly unemployed, it seems we have precious few of either, employed or not standing for governor. In the rush to governors office almost everyone seems to have declared themselves a businessman or woman least they be left behind with the rank and file likes of Bill Chambers (railroad switchman/brakeman) and Ned Roscoe (cigarette retailer).

If I had a vote I'd probably go with the sentiments of this alternet.org article which outlines five myths about the recall.

No comments: